Food for Thought Outreach is interviewing for a Full Time, Hourly, Program Coordinator who will focus on Okaloosa County.
Qualified candidates can email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program Coordinator works closely with the Program Director to ensure the needs of the Organization’s programs are met and executed within the Mission and Values of Food for Thought Outreach. This position assists the Organization with proper placement and scheduling of volunteers, as well as ensuring supplies and food are on hand to execute the Organization’s programs. This position will have a focus on our volunteer and program needs in Okaloosa County. However, work and support for the positon will take place between all our work and service areas.
As a team member of Food For Thought Outreach, we work together to fight childhood hunger in our community. Our Mission comes before all other tasks and duties. Team members are advocates and representatives of our work and hold a shared passion for the Mission and Values of our Organization. Growth is to be expected and welcomed in this work and will bring an ever-changing landscape for the team. As a member of a small team, we are all expected to share in the work from the day-to-day tasks to high-level strategy.
- Produces and distributes all materials in support of the Organization’s programs
- Coordinate resources needed to execute all programs throughout the year
- Support Back to School process, paperwork, contacts and enrollment
- Ensure all programs are executed within the Mission & Values of the organization
- Present during all critical program dates including but not limited to seasonal, garden, kitchen and backpack programs
- Operates as an on-site volunteer support system and assists with oversight of the volunteer’s duties
- Represents the Organization at partner schools and organizations
- Supports all program functions during days of service
- Drive Sprinter Vans in support or programs
- Work in the pantry locations to manage inventory and food stands
- Support food and supply shipments and physical movement of these items as needed
- Works with Program Manager as well as other Organization staff to ensure tasks are completed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
Employees may be required to attend events and/or be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the Organization. This position requires a high level of flexibility Wednesday through Friday during the school in support of our program needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to make quick and accurate decisions are essential. Positive and outgoing personality is a must. Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media networks.
Conditions of Work:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to the elements including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and rain. This position requires travel within the service areas of the organization and requires the employee the regularly drive a company vehicle. Employees are frequently required to use climb, sit, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employees must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This Job Description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An employee should perform all duties as assigned by management.