With the decision for the Walton County and Okaloosa County school districts to remain closed through March 30th to help subside COVID-19 , we at Food For Thought are working to provide food to the children in our program for the week of March 23rd. This additional food service will help to supplement the meals they would otherwise receive during school that week. On average the students in our program receive 10 meals/ week at school, which will now be missed.
- Donate Food:
- Monetary donations along side our food buying resources with major distributors will ensure that we can purchase items which might not be readily available in grocery stores at this time
- Donate online: www.fftfl.org
- Donate In-Person: Destin and SRB pantry from 11a - 5p, 3/17 - 3/20
- Text to Give: Text - GIVEFFT to 44321
- We will be working with the school districts to inform the families we serve of how to gain access to these additional food services the week of the March 23rd.
- We are committed to our students and their families in this time of great need; should the school closures be extended we will work to continue to serve the students in our program.