Join Our Team!
Full Time Volunteer Coordinator Position Open.
Experience with scheduling, communications and training is helpful but not required. This position does require OPEN availability and will work a variety of hours in multiple locations.
Submit your resume: email@example.com
The Volunteer Coordinator works closely with the Program Manager to ensure the needs of the Organization’s programs are met and executed within the Mission and Values of Food for Thought Outreach. This position assists the Organization with proper placement and scheduling of volunteers, as well as ensuring supplies and food are on hand to execute the Organization’s programs.
As a team member of Food For Thought Outreach, we work together to fight childhood hunger in our community. Our Mission comes before all other tasks and duties. Team members are advocates and representatives of our work and hold a shared passion for the Mission and Values of our Organization. Growth is to be expected and welcomed in this work and will bring an ever-changing landscape for the team. As a member of a small team, we are all expected to share in the work from the day-to-day tasks to high-level strategy.
- Recruit, Train and Engage the volunteer base needed for all programs
- Effective scheduling of volunteer force to meet the needs of the program
- Lead effective training for volunteers
- Maintain up to date volunteer records
- Comply & Support training, scheduling and communication standards and expectations
- Provide timely and effective volunteer communication
- Connect volunteers to opportunities to serve and support
- Operates as an on-site volunteer support system and assists with oversight of the volunteer’s duties
- Represents the Organization at partner schools and organizations
- Supports all program functions during days of service
- Works with Program Manager as well as other Organization staff to ensure tasks are completed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
Employees may be required to attend events and/or be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the Organization.