Submit resume - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the Food for Thought Outreach programs are facilitated within the Mission and Values of the Organization. This position works to secure and support the volunteers, resources and partners necessary for that Mission, while at the same time developing an ever-growing network of volunteers and school partners within our community. The Program Manager supports the training and development of the hourly program staff and serves as a leader for the day to day program activities.
As a team member of Food For Thought Outreach, we work together to fight childhood hunger in our community. Our Mission comes before all other tasks and duties. Team members are advocates and representatives of our work and hold a shared passion for the Mission and Values of our Organization. Growth is to be expected and welcomed in this work and will bring an ever-changing landscape for the team. As a member of a small team, we are all expected to share in the work from the day-to-day tasks to high-level strategy.
- Upholds training standards for volunteers and staff
- Upholds program standards with the staff and volunteers
- Provides direction and purpose to the program team and volunteers
- Leads by example and provides consistent program oversight
- Ensure accurate data and record keeping throughout the year
- Ensure all program support tools are accurate and maintained
- Provides timely communication of program wins, needs, concerns and achievements
- Provides proactive planning & communication to meet program standards and expectations
- Ensures the program team can provide consistent program experiences across the various locations of service and menu of programs
- Maintains relationships with community partners such as schools, vendors & donors
- Leads the program team to add a mission purpose to each volunteer shift in the pantry
- Contributes to overall organizational team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
Employees may be required to attend events and/or be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the Organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to make quick and accurate decisions are essential. Positive and outgoing personality is a must. Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media networks.
Conditions of Work:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to the elements including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and rain. This position requires travel within the service areas of the organization and requires the employee the regularly drive a company vehicle. Employees are frequently required to use climb, sit, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employees must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Job Description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An employee should perform all duties as assigned by management.