Operations & Development Manager
Full Time (average 45 hrs per week )
The Operations & Development Manager works with the team with a focus on our fundraising, events, campaigns, communications and general execution of operational needs. This position works to bring together the members, volunteers, donors and sponsors through various events throughout the calendar year. The Operations & Development Manager will ensure all daily needs of the business are met and that the facilities and resources of the organization are well maintained. This position will work within the tools of the organization and ensure all team members have strong working knowledge of our tools. As the needs of the organization expand so will the tools, resources and plans needed to achieve our goals.
As a team member of Food For Thought Outreach, we work together to fight childhood hunger in our community. Our Mission comes before all other tasks and duties. Team members are advocates and representatives of our work and hold a shared passion for the Mission and Values of our Organization. Growth is to be expected and welcomed in this work and will bring an ever-changing landscape for the team. As a member of a small team, we are all expected to share in the work from the day-to-day tasks to high-level strategy.
- Serves as team expert for the tools and programs used to support the organizational functions
- Leads and trains the team to uphold organizational maintenance requirements for the facilities and resources
- Maintains the accuracy of the data in our operational & development tools
- Trains team on operational & development tools
- Maintains relationships with vendors, donors and sponsors within the community
- Supports the budget and reporting process required throughout the year
- Participates in planning sessions for events, fundraisers and outreach functions
- Responsible for maintaining records for each fiscal year and the annual report process
- Supports the set up and prep for meetings, training and events
- Regularly reports to CEO
- Provides consistent and clear communication to supervisor and team
- Must be present for all events and networking opportunities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Upholds & Supports organizational values, purpose and goals
- Leads the team in best practices in support of our policies and procedures
- Respects and supports seasonal variances in priorities, needs and scheduling
SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
Employees may be required to attend events and/or be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the Organization. This salaried position should expect to work at least 45 hours per week.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to make quick and accurate decisions are essential. Positive and outgoing personality is a must. Must have a strong working knowledge of Google Suite and other relevant software programs.
Conditions of Work:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to the elements including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and rain. This position requires travel within the service areas of the organization and requires the employee the regularly drive a company vehicle. Employees are frequently required to use climb, sit, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employees must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This Job Description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An